30 Days: Physics Grad School vs. the Students

Sunday, August 07, 2005

conference

so, right now, I am in salt lake city, utah at the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) meeting. there's lots of other physicists here. most of them are pretty nerdy. it's pretty funny.

so far, there have been a couple highlights. you can read about them on my other blog here. basically, I've seen a couple people I haven't seen in a while and my name has been published in a book. it's very exciting.

I'm trying to get some studying done, but it's hard because I'm pretty busy. there's lots of sessions and meetings to go to, people to see, and free food to be eaten. the great thing about being a grad student is that this is basically a paid vacation, even though I have to do some work. they paid for everything, and I just have to stand in front of a poster for an hour and explain what I've been working on. it's a pretty good deal.

I've got about a week and a half until the comps. and I'm surprising not very stressed. I'm puzzled as to why this is, because I neither feel totally prepared or completely unprepared. very strange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home